Hello Readers! Welcome to the very first post of this 2021 year!♥
This time we will learn how to change the screen timeout setting on our managed devices in Microsoft Endpoint Manager. Have you ever created a Custom profile for Windows 10 devices? Let’s see …
First let’s check our current configuration,
Tap the Windows icon and search Change Screen Saver. Verify the wait time that is given in minutes, in our test machine appears as below:
Where should we change the setting when it is not available in the Intune GUI?
As part of the mobile device management (MDM) solution, there could be different custom settings you can control on Windows 10 and newer devices that aren’t built-in to Intune.
Windows 10 makes many Configuration Service Provider (CSP) settings available, you can find more information here: Policy Configuration Service Provider (Policy CSP.
So, let’s create the Configuration Profile that will help us update the desired setting.
Follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center.
- Select Devices > Configuration profiles > Create profile.
- Enter the following properties:
- Windows 10 and later
- Profile: Select Custom.
- Select Create.
- In Basics, enter the following properties:
- Name: Windows10_ScreenSaverSetting
- Description: Policy to change Screen Saver setting
- Select Next.
- In Configuration settings click Add and fill with the following parameters:
- Name: ScreenSaverSetting
- Description: Update the Screen Saver Setting
- OMA-URI: ./Device/Vendor/MSFT/Policy/Config/DeviceLock/MaxInactivityTimeDeviceLock
- Data Type: Select Integer
- Value: 15 (Time given in minutes)
- Select Next.
- In Scope tags (optional), assign a tag to filter the profile to specific IT groups. Select Next.
- In Assignments, select the users or groups that will receive your profile. Select Next.
- In Review + create, review your settings. When you select Create, your changes are saved, and the profile is assigned. The policy is also shown in the profiles list.
To see the change inmediately you can sync the device from Settings or just wait a couple of minutes. Then, open the Screen Saver Setting and verify the results;
Do not forget to test it on your managed devices and let me know your results!♥